Starting with school I'd say it was a success. The last three weeks of the class had a test every week. Therefore many a night was spent in the wonderful DISL library! Our class project I wrote about earlier went well and we pulled off an A (but just barely...). We turned in 70 species (only 4 behind the "professional fishermen" group but only correctly identified 59 of them. Oh well, we tied for second place and still got an A so I was happy. It was a huge relief to have that done. So yeah, I knocked out that class and have only one more to go.
But outside of school there was a lot of fun activities. I have to put in a bit about Tuesday night Trivia. Every Tuesday night since the beginning of June I've gone to Trivia at Serda's Coffee Shop in Mobile, AL. On average there were around 10 of us from DISL and my friend Ashley B would usually join us too. Basically all it is is a thing the coffee shop does to get more customers but you can play for free and if you win you get free gelato. Needless to say though I've never won a round but I'm still trying. I'll get lucky one of these days. So yeah, Tuesday nights just look for me at Serda's.
Another cool event was the Dauphin Island Beach Party. This was a concert series sort of put on by BP. Because of the oil spill last summer the city of Dauphin Island received some money for tourism and so they used it to bring in several music artist for a giant beach party. Now being honest I must say that most of the bands who played completely sucked. However, The Drifters put on an amazing show. I volunteered at the event so I could get in for free but I ended up spending the entire afternoon on the beach. so yeah, it was a rather hot day but well worth it.
Here are some videos I made from that day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6of1-aLH1M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8yVKr_THc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RejGTMJsWMo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxeDQzQEsHo
Also, there was lots of time spent just hanging out. There were several nights where we stayed up till 1 or 2 in the morning just talking and goofing off. One night my roommate David and I set up his tent inside our room and played cards with some friends in it.

The next night we set it up on the beach so that we could help out Lauren with her experiment and during the down time we played Trivial pursuit. So yeah, I really enjoyed my time spent with the great friends made down there.
So yeah, thats a quick summary of how life's been. I'll try to be a little better about putting up some more posts. But until then that's all I got.
Peace out folks!
Peace out folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment