Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another week down, two more to go!

So yeah, my posts are getting a little boring. Life is rather slow this time of the summer. Living with senior citizens is not the most exciting life... But I've added some spice here and there.

The other day I had the "ride of my life" on my skateboard. It was more of a ride FOR my life because I wasn't sure I was going to make it. Let me explain. Whenever I can I take my skateboard out in the evening before the sun goes down and seek after some news hills to hit. Mobile isn't really the hilliest city but the its got some thrills. Last week I found a parking garage downtown which provide four stories of fun and this past week I stayed around in the neighbor and found the mother of all hills! The street I was walking on ended at the mid-point on the hill. Since I couldn't see the bottom because of the turns I went down to check it out and decided, eh, why not! Then I made the long hike up to the top, the whole time thinking about all the things that could go wrong.

I finally reach the top and I just put my board down and went for it. I figured the longer I waited the more likely I wouldn't do it.

The hill had two steep parts, one at the beginning and one at the end with a nice, gentle slope halfway. I made it through the first part fine, carved through the middle, still gaining speed, and went into the last stretch. At the very end of the course their is a left turn I needed to make in order to keep from ending up all contorted on someone's front lawn from what would be a very spectacular crash. Therefore I leaned into the turn with everything I had. My adrenaline was flowing, my heart was pounding, and I kept trying not to think about what would happen if I messed up. And yeah, I made it. I'm really lucky there wasn't a car there when I turned but hey that's part of the risk. Anyway, my first thoughts afterworld were "hey, lets do it again!" However it was getting late and the hike back up is brutal so I decided to save it for later.

That hill hasn't seen the last of me though. I taking that ride again. Shoot, if I survive that then Thrill hill back in Troy might just be on the menu for the fall. We'll see. One day at a time.

So yeah, school and the rest of life was pretty much the same. The weekend unfortunately was rather rainy so skateboarding was put on hold but that just means I'll have to hit it twice as hard next week.

So with that I'm out for the night.

God speed and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment