Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Beginning...

This is the start of my first trip to Thailand. The reason for this trip is my good friend Beaver (yes, that's his name), who is taking me home with him over the Christmas break.

This trip started out with a bang, literally. The original plan was beginning flying from Atlanta Monday (Dec 13th) in the morning, but very cold weather (snow flurries) kept that from happening so my parents very graciously paid for another night at the hotel for Beaver and I.

Here is the bang part. At some point in the night our heater blew up. I am not lying! There was a loud sound, a flash, and then it shut off and filed the room with the horrible smell of burnt plastic. We were so tired and confused and the whole incident was a blur. I remember Beaver yelling really loud "What?" and then walking around the room and opening and closing the door the fan out the horrible smell. I refused to get out of bed even if there had been an explosion, and both of us wondered if we would just die from Carbon monoxide poisoning.

But yeah, a couple hours later we were at the airport and due to maintenance problems our flight never left so we ended up being transferred to Houston. Everything has been provided (food and hotel) and now we are just living it up until our next flight tomorrow, always remembering to enjoy the whole journey! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment